Friday, September 26, 2008

Downtown M'Boro is covered!

Yayyyyyy!!! I'm so excited and happy right now ya'll! My sister and a friend of mine went downtown today and hung up FEED posters like crazy! Almost every store down there took one and only about 2 or 3 didn't. I can't believe how willing they were to hang up our posters! It took us about an hour and a half, but that was because there were only 3 of us. I bet if we had say, 10 or 15 people we could get this town literally dipped in posters! I want to thank everybody who let us put up posters in their store, you don't know how much you've helped just by hanging a poster. It's important to get the word out! At a law office we went into we talked w/the receptionist and she seemed really interested in what we were doing. So I gave her the whole spill about how we were raising $50,000 for Africa, how we wanted to do something for our own community, and how the food drive was to honor the 6 miles that the average African family has to walk each day just to get filthy water etc. and on top of all that how we were just 5 students doing this. She was shocked! Her mouth was wide open and she had tears in her eyes. She has made my day, and as a bonus she took a few more posters to take to some other business she knows and shops at, it was really awesome. So, tomorrow I think we're gonna go hang up some more posters probably down Memorial Blvd. and I need your help because obviously it's gonna take more than 3 people. I'll try and get the times and meeting place blogged up later. Please come and help only if it's for 15 minutes!
-A.G.

No comments: