Saturday, October 4, 2008

The DQ prayer man

Thursday night we presented for Campus Crusades @ MTSU and it went great! We talked to a lotta people afterwards and many seemed really motivated about helping w/ the food drive and attending the run/walk. Afterwards we went to Dairy Queen to hang out w/ some of the people for a minute( I won a FREE small blizzard!) While we were waiting for everyone to still arrive Misty, Kelly and I started talking. I'm gonna be very blunt and honest w/ you right now because I want ya'll to know how we were feeling at the moment. We felt down in the dumps, discouraged, stressed, confused and hopeless. It's one of those things where you just hit that point and you're like, that's it, I can't do this anymore, and I just wanna be done with all of it! Honestly I believe that was satan trying to discourage us and tear our team apart. We hadn't been praying enough and I think in our little human minds we overloaded ourselves forgetting who has ultimate control in this movement... GOD! Guys it's so easy to get caught up in the goal, and goals are awesome, I know we wouldn't be where we are now w/o one, but it's so crucial to also remember how far you've come. Look at where you were and where you are now. Forget for a second about your goal and who's watching, when you realize how far you've come, how much you've learned, and how well you've done it, it just makes you wanna reach your goal that much more! At the end of the day all I want is to say I gave my all, I pushed myslef to every limit possible and I can't feel bad about myself at all. I've done what God in His control wanted me to do and that right there is all I need to know! Meanwhile, while all this was going through my head and I was devouring my cookiedough blizzard(yum!), a guy came up to Misty and I wanting to know what we were all about. So we gave him the whole spill, trying to be as enthusiastic as possible about it but still feeling like two dummies. He nodded his head a couple of times and then shocked both of us by asking if he could pray for us right there in DQ! We were speechless but somehow managed to make some kind of eye contact I guess and then we bowed our heads and each grabbed one of his hands. His prayer was so powerful, it seemed as though God had told him exactly what to pray about and what we needed. By the end of it we were all weepy and snot-faced but I can tell you right now we felt like we had been lifted onto cloud 9, no like cloud 90! Unfortunatley through our clumsiness we never got his name but we don't really need it, we'll never forget him and I'm so thankful for how God sends certain people, even strangers to just blow you away. Never underestimate the power of God guys!
-A.G.

No comments: